St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School admits students from diverse backgrounds, provuded they meet the school's qualifications. It is our intention to serve the parish families as a priority. Other qualifying students are anvited if space. A carefully designed and frequently used staffing plan is utilized to advise the pastor, the principal and school board. (School Board, 2011)
- Students are admitted to St. Margaret of Scotland School without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin. All students have the same rights and privileges, and access to all programs and activities..
- Parents/guardians desiring to enroll their students in St. Margaret’s must understand and be willing to support the Mission and Statement of Beliefs for St. Margaret of Scotland School.
- The Pastor in consultation with the principal will admit students to the school with priority given to parishioners.
- A desire on the part of parents for a school where Catholic teaching and moral foundation are integral to curriculum, as well as, a commitment by parents to participate in the spiritual, social and financial life of the parish/school create a strong and vibrant community.
Information concerning St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School is available through this website or upon request by calling the school office at 314-776-7837. We encourage families who are interested in St. Margaret of Scotland to make arrangements to tour the school during the school day to see us in action and to attend our annual Open House on the last Sunday in January.
- Open House on the last Sunday in January initiates registration for the upcoming school year.
- Registration at all grade levels is offered first to currently enrolled school families, including siblings not currently attending St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School.
- Secondly, parish families are invited to apply to register their children not currently attending St. Margaret of Scotland Parish School.
- Finally, families outside the parish, Catholic and Non-Catholic are invited to apply to register their children.
Completed Registration includes:
- St. Margaret of Scotland application form requested from the school office
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A copy of the child’s baptismal certificate, if the child has been baptized
- A copy of the child’s social security card
- Up to date immunization records
- Registration fee and Financial Commitment Contract requested from the school office ( the registration fee is non-refundable)
- A copy of the student’s most recent report card and standardized testing if the child is going into first grade or beyond.
- A copy of the child’s preschool report if the child is coming from a preschool
- In the case of a divorced family, it is necessary that verification of the custody arrangements be on file.