SMOS Soccer camp is scheduled for July 25th - 28th from 6 - 8pm and will take place at the SLU Medical field, same as the previous years.
Looking at the weather forecast it should hopefully be cooler next week but please make sure that your child brings a water bottle with them each night. Also please remember that shin guards are required and cleats are preferred but not necessary.
In the event of bad weather I will send out an email letting you know the status of the camp for that night but we will keep our fingers crossed that it doesn`t come down to that.
If you haven`t paid yet, please do so prior to the start of the camp.
If you have any questions please contact Brian Overberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There will be two dates for distributing uniforms. The dates are July 18th, 6-9pm and August 7th, 9am-12pm (SMOS packet day). Both will be held in the SMOS school gym. When you arrive at the school, please enter the through the black doors on the front of the gym (far left doors).
You will need the following items:
1. If you have not paid all registration fees, you will have to have a check (made out to SMOS AA) for those fees or you will not be able to pick up the uniform.
2. You will need Volunteer requirement check for $200 per family. The check needs to be made out to "SMOS AA" and post dated 5/31/2017. The letter explaining the volunteer program is attached. Pooled in players are exempt.
3. You will need one uniform deposit check per family for $50 for each child receiving a uniform. Please make the check out to "SMOS AA" and post date it to 5/31/2017. We will hold one check per family for the entire school year.
If your child is being pooled to another parish, you do not need to attend these dates.
If you will be picking up uniforms for another family, please make sure that you have all of the checks listed above.
New this year:
Olympic Sporting Goods (http://www.olympicsg.com) will be on-site selling soccer socks, shin guards, soccer cleats, and volleyball knee pads. They will be accepting cash, checks, and credit cards.
We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/X92CP4
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Under File Downloads, is the Volunteer Letter for SMOS families.
Our SMOS Parish Nurse, Cathy White, has provided some great information understanding the signs and symptoms of concussions. Please take a minute to review under File Downloads. As part of our Community Alliance partnership, Dr Cathy Hogan from Cardinal Glennon has provided a very informative Concussion Safety Video. Please see the link below.
Protecting God's Children workshop times/locations are provided here: http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=14498&theme=0; Coaches and Assistant Coaches must be PGC certified prior to working with the team.
Click on the link to enter our on-line registration site. Registration instructions are on the EZ-Roster site.